What is ClassifiedsGiant ?
ClassifiedsGiant.com is free classified website connecting local buyers and sellers under one platform.
Is ClassifiedsGiant.com FREE?
Yes, ClassifiedsGiant.com is always free to post unlimited ads!
Do I have to Register to use ClassifiedsGiant.com?
Yes, Registration is necessary to manage your ads. Registration at ClassifiedsGiant.com is free and the process is very simple:
1. Click on "Register Now" and you will be asked to provide your basic contact information.
2. You are now Register at ClassifiedsGiant.com!
3. ClassifiedsGiant.com will send a message with your login and password information to your e-mail address.
Once you have registered, you can manage your postings and personal information even easier through the 'My Account' section of the site.
How do I find an item at ClassifiedsGiant.com ?
You can Browse listings when you're not sure what you're looking for, or when you simply want to explore the range of items on ClassifiedsGiant.com or in a particular category. Click on Categories and Subcategories and if you find an item you're interested in, just click on the item title.
You can also Search for items when you are looking for a specific item that you can describe using a few words. In this case, simply go to the search box, enter a few words describing what you are looking for along with a category and click the "Search" button. A search results page of ClassifiedsGiant.com listings will be displayed. Review your search results pages and if you see something you're interested in, just click on the item title. Back to top
What is My Account?
With My Account, you can track and manage your ClassifiedsGiant.com buying, selling, listings, personal account, information, messages, favorites and more from one single, secure location. You must be a registered user to access the My Account features.
How do I post an item at ClassifiedsGiant.com ?
Click on the "Post ad" tab. Choose the category and subcategory, and you are ready to post your classified ad. You can also register for a ClassifiedsGiant account by providing your basic contact information. Immediately after this very fast and simple registration process is complete, you are ready to post. If you already have a ClassifiedsGiant account, simply log-in and follow the process. You will be asked to select categories and subcategories to post your item at ClassifiedsGiant.com. Posting at ClassifiedsGiant.com is FREE.
How do I upload a picture?
During the posting process, you will find the instructions to upload pictures. You simply have to follow them. ClassifiedsGiant picture upload process is easy and you can upload anywhere from 6 to 12 pictures per posting. Lighter pictures will upload faster; ideally less than 200kb each. Uploading pictures to ClassifiedsGiant.com is FREE.
How do I edit a posting?
You can edit your postings through the "My Listings" option in the My Account section of the site. Please go to the item and click the "Edit Listing" button on the far right of the listing. Once you have made and approved the changes, they will take effect immediately. You can repeat this process any time.
How long will my posting appear on ClassifiedsGiant?
Current postings on ClassifiedsGiant.com appear for a maximum of 30 days. After that time, the posting will automatically expire if it's not removed / Renew by you.
How do I remove my posting?
If your item sells or you decide to remove it, you can end your listing in the Active link within the 'Manage Listings' option in the My Account section of the site. Once you identify the item you can mark it as Sold, Rented or Remove it from the listing by clicking in "Sold" or "Remove Listing" button.
How do I save a posting to recall it later?
Go to the listing you are interested in and click the "Add to Favorites" button to keep track of it.
Can I add HTML to customize my postings?
Yes. You can use HTML-formatted listings by cutting-and-pasting the code into the Description box during the posting process. However, we do not allow HTML in the Title field.
What is Classifieds?
In the Classifieds-style listings, buyers will always contact the seller to negotiate, even if he/she puts a price.
As a seller, how do I post an item?
If you already have a ClassifiedsGiant account, please login first. If you don't have an account yet and want to have the benefits of this FREE process, please register for a ClassifiedsGiant account by providing your basic contact information. After the registration process is complete you are ready to post. You will start by selecting categories and subcategories that your posting will appear in. You will be asked to provide pricing - optional in some Subcategories - and delivery information together with an item description of any length. Posting on ClassifiedsGiant.com is absolutely FREE.
As a buyer, how do I contact a seller?
Use the "Reply to this Ad" in the listing you are interested in. Fill out the form with your contact information including your e-mail and the message you would like to send to the seller and send it. If the seller is anonymous, use the contact information provided in the listing to get in touch with him/her.
What are the things that potentially fraudulent sellers do?
* Ask you to wire money into an International account. Seller may ask you to send payment overseas and will only accept Western Union or another money transfer service (e-Gold).
* List an address that is different from the address on their item detail page.
* Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.
* Not be up front about the authenticity of items for sale.
* Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.
* Try to convince you not to use payment services which offer protection (accepted services are those like Escrow.com & PayPal).
* Will repeatedly not answer phone calls or email.
* Continuously provide excuses about why you haven't received an item.
* Sell suspected copies of software, music, or videos.
* Refuse to give you a working shipment tracking number.
* Sell an expensive popular item at a suspiciously low price.
What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent seller?
If you feel there is a posting on the site that is false or fraudulent, please contact us at Legal Issues.
How can I avoid a fraud?
At ClassifiedsGiant.com, we believe that buying items locally - where you can inspect the item, meet the seller and pay at the time of pickup or delivery -- is the surest and safest way to transact. For National or International items, we strongly suggest taking the following measures to protect yourself from fraudulent sellers:
* Always use ClassifiedsGiant.com system when communicating with sellers on ClassifiedsGiant.com. Always use the "Email Seller" form on the page which details the item. An email will be sent out to the seller with your email address and all transactions will be conducted between you and the seller directly via our system. This way, if we are notified of a fraudulent activity, we will have your contact information to reach you and provide you with the necessary information. Since our marketplace is always free, there should be little incentive to take communications off line.
* Know what you are buying before making an offer to a seller; ask questions to learn more about what they are selling. You can send a seller a pre-sale note, and then make your offer when you are comfortable with purchasing the item. We also recommend checking retail prices and other members' prices for comparison purposes. Remember, if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is. In particular, be careful when purchasing high-tech goods, especially when prices are far below retail. Certain high-end items such as flat-panel displays, notebook computers, and cell phones are likely targets for scams. In many cases, it's appropriate to ask for a serial number before sending payment.
* Ask for sellers address and telephone number. Once you have negotiated a price and have decided to buy the item, ask for the seller's phone number and call him/her up at a random time to make sure he/she is receiving the calls. Honest sellers should be able to provide this information. Having a seller who has a registered telephone number on the other end will make the seller more traceable and hence less likely to be a fraud.
* Use a payment method with fraud protection. We highly advise AGAINST sending payments via wire transfer. Many fraudulent sellers only accept money by wire transfer, Money Gram, or bank transfer because buyers cannot get their money back and sellers cannot be tracked. If you are within the US and must pay by money order, we suggest using a postal money order. Postal money orders can be investigated, while other money orders cannot.
There are many forms of payment that provide protection for buyers. Credit cards, escrow services such as Escrow.com, C.O.D. shipping, and online payment services, offer varying degrees of protection.
* Track your shipment. Most major shipping companies allow people to track shipments while they are in transit. We recommended getting a tracking number from the seller, so you can monitor your item in transit. Make sure you are familiar with the seller's shipper, and be aware that there are fake shipping companies on the web which pretend to track a false shipment.
If you feel a seller is acting fraudulently, please contact ClassifiedsGiant.com immediately at: Legal Issues.
What are the things that potentially fraudulent buyers do?
o Ask you to wire money into their account.
o Buyer offers high-value (but fake) cashier's check in exchange for your for sale item. The value of cashier's check often far exceeds your item and the buyer asks you to wire the balance via money transfer service. Banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR. Scam often involves a 3rd party (shipping agent, business associate owing buyer money). We would strongly discourage you from wiring money.
o Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.
o Place large orders to be sent to a foreign location.
o Say they will pay you half of what's due before they receive the item, and half payment afterwards.
o Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.
o Pay with an international credit card or cashier's check.
Back to top
What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent buyer?
If you feel a buyer is acting fraudulently, please contact us at Legal Issues.
What kind of postings are forbidden / not allowed on ClassifiedsGiant.com?
ClassifiedsGiant.com prohibits the listing or sale of any items that are illegal, under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation at local, state, provincial, national or international law. The following type of listings are prohibited on ClassifiedsGiant.com site: Postings of any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", multi-level marketing, distributorship or sales representatives arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an upfront of periodic payment, requires recruitment of other member, sub-distributors or sub-agents, or pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case such postings may be permissible).
Other items that are specifically prohibited include:
o Alcoholic Beverages
o Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
o Burglary Tools
o Counterfeit currency, stamps or coins
o Counterfeit Products
o Electronic Surveillance Equipment
o Embargoed Goods
o Government and Transit Uniforms, IDs and Licenses
o Illegal Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
o All type of illegal services and products.
o Hazardous Materials
o Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives
o Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information (in any form, including mailing lists)
o Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
o Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines
o Obscene Material and all types of Pornography
o All type of offensive material
o Pictures or images that contain frontal nudity
o Police & Other Security Forces Badges and Uniforms
o Prescription Drugs and Devices
o Recalled items
o Stocks and Other Securities
o Stolen Property
o Tobacco Products
o Used Cosmetics
o Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, stun guns, switchblade knives, and martial arts weapons).