Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
1. A Special Note About Children: Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the website unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the website only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
2. Information Collection and Use: ClassifiedsGiant collects personal information from our users at several different points on our website. This includes when you conduct certain activities on the websit
ClassifiedsGiant automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, ClassifiedsGiant cookies information, and the page you request. Our collection and use of such information is further described below.
We use third-party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve ads to you on our behalf when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure: ClassifiedsGiant is the sole owner of the information collected on all of ClassifiedsGiant's websites. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with anyone except under the following circumstances:
· We provide information about our users to trusted partners who work on our behalf pursuant to confidentiality agreements. Pursuant to the terms of their agreements, these companies do not have any independent right to share or use such information.
· We may disclose user information in response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
· We may disclose user information when we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
ClassifiedsGiant may set and access ClassifiedsGiant "cookies" on your computer. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie does not link to any personally identifiable information while on our website. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time.
Cookies were implemented to allow user-side customization of website information. Cookie related information is used by ClassifiedsGiant to facilitate the user's transactions and to improve ClassifiedsGiant's service offering to better match the user's needs.
5. Log Files: Like most standard website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the website, track users' movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
6. Confidentiality and Security Your personal information is stored on ClassifiedsGiant's servers located in the United States . We use physical, procedural and technical safeguards to protect that information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure. Certain information is password-protected. Likewise, in certain areas, ClassifiedsGiant uses industry-standard SSL-encryption and network firewalls to protect data transmissions and storage. Finally, all of our employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
7. Your Responsibilities We go to great lengths to protect all of your information on our website. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example through email - that information can be collected and used by others. By disclosing personal information online, you may receive unsolicited communication from other parties in return. Therefore, you should exercise caution and common sense in such disclosures.
8. Links to Other Sites: This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by ClassifiedsGiant, Inc. Please be aware that we, ClassifiedsGiant, Inc. are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Last updated 05-10-2010