For some people, gaining weight can be difficult.
Despite trying to eat more calories, a lack of appetite prevents them from reaching their goals.
Some turn to weight gain supplements, such as Apetamin. It’s an increasingly popular vitamin syrup that’s claimed to help you gain weight by increasing your appetite.
Apetamin is a vitamin syrup that’s marketed as a weight gain supplement.
According to manufacturing labels, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Apetamin syrup contains:
- Cyproheptadine hydrochloride: 2 mg
- L-lysine hydrochloride: 150 mg
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) hydrochloride: 1 mg
- Thiamine (vitamin B1) hydrochloride: 2 mg
- Nicotinamide (vitamin B3): 15 mg
- Dexpanthenol (an alternative form of vitamin B5): 4.5 mg